Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Photographing quilts

Boy, oh boy.  Photographing quilts is not easy.  No, sir.  Well now, it didn't help that it was 100 degrees today (no joke---in May, in New York---weird).  But I was under a self-imposed deadline to get some shots to my designer who is helping me with some quilt guild materials and trying to get some footage.

But, really.  You can imagine, in a house with four children 7 and under, there are not a whole lot of interior options for shooting.  And I couldn't find the dang clothespins which would have helped for getting quilts to hang on the fence.  Luckily, I had some hands to help fill in.


Then the dappled sunlight caused major lighting issues.






Then the quilts needed to be ironed.  Then certain people kept stepping on them. 



This was the best I came up with.  Still not great.  I will be working more on this.  Any advice welcome! Seriously.  No offense taken, I know they aren't great photos.








No comments:

Post a Comment