Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Trendsetter Bag---NOT a Diaper Bag

For a recent HVMQG activity, we all got together and sewed the "Trendsetter Bag" by Jessica Van Denburg.  Since, pretty soon I will be back to lugging around a diaper bag, I thought this would be a good opportunity to make a non-mom purse for myself!




Thanks to some favorite Melody Miller "Vintage Ladies" fabric I treated myself to at Quilt Con last year, but have been hoarding, I got to make a sturdy, but fresh spring bag.





I love the text overlay on this fabric and how it changes from blue, to metallic to rust color.




This pattern was quick and easy to put together.  I cut it out at the meeting and got to finish it at the Mid-Atlantic Mod Retreat I attended for work.  :)  There is a nice inner zip pocket that you can see in this picture and the opposite side has divided, open-topped pockets.  Lining fabric is by Lotta Jansdotter for Windham Fabrics.



What have you made for yourself lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment